The Division of Global Affairs is comprised of a prestigious and diverse faculty that are called upon to share their expertise in an array of settings. Below is a list of recent faculty participation in conferences, lectures and interviews.
- “Palestine: One State or Two” for an International Conference at the Gabriel Peri Foundation Paris (February 6, 2014)
- “Why the Left Needs Marx” for the Historical Materialism Conference NYC (April 27, 2013)
- Keynote: “International Critical Theory Symposium at the University of Managua in Brazil (August 13, 2014)
- “Racism and the Internet” Plenary for UN Meeting hosted by the Special Rapporteur for Racism: NYC (November 11, 2013)
- “Communicating the Absurd: Reflections on Albert Camus” Plenary for the Pennsylvania State Communications Association at Gannon University (October 18, 2013)
- “Movements and Parties” for the Future Leaders Program at Rutgers University (July 18, 2013)
- “Utopia and Politics” for the Plenary Session of the Convention of International Platypus Affiliates in Chicago (April 7, 2013)
- Keynote Speaker at the Workshop on The Globalization of Innovation, Duke University, Durham NC, (July 2014).
- Keynote Speaker: "Explaining patterns of MNC Subunit Knowledge Creation and Knowledge Sourcing,” at the Conference on Knowledge Transfers in MNCs, HEG-ARC, Neuchâtel, (July 2014).
- Keynote Speaker at the Conference on Multinationals and Economic Geography, London School of Economics, (March 2014).
- Keynote Speaker: "Can Innovation be Unbundled from Other Value Chain Activities?" at the Conference on Location of Innovation in MNCs, Copenhagen Business School (December 2013).
- Keynote Speaker at the Conference on Innovation in a Global World, École Polytechnique, Paris (October 2013).
- Organization of a panel on “Migrant and Minority Mobilization Agenda Post 9/11 (US-Europe)for the International Studies Association, New Orleans, (February 2015).
- Organization of a panel on “Security Governance and Migrant Mobilization in the United States and Great Britain” for the International Studies Association, Toronto (March 2014).
- “How does it feel to be a threat? Migrants’ response to security governance” (with Karina Moreno Saldivar), International Studies Association, Toronto, (March 2014).
- “Toward the emergence of new forms of migrant integration and mobilization?”, Council for European Studies, Amsterdam, (June 2013).
- “We are (almost) French”, Johns Hopkins University, October 2012
- “Immigration and counterterrorist policy in the United States and Europe”, BISA-ISA Conference, Edinburgh, (June 2012).
- “Immigration and insecurity: The dynamics of policy failure”, International Studies Association, San Diego, (April 2012).
- “Desecuritization of immigration issues: Theoretical and empirical perspectives”, Council for European Studies, Boston, (March 2012).
- “Critical Evaluation of the Securitization of Immigration Policies”, New York University, (April 2014).
- “Securitization of Migration Management at the EU Level”, New York University, (June 2013).
- “Immigration and Insecurity: A Transatlantic Perspective”, King’s College London, (February 2013).
- “Immigration Policy and Integration Regime in the United States and Europe”, Consulate General of France (NYC), co-sponsored by the Alliance Program, (December 2012).
- “United in Adversity? European Identity in Times of Crises”, The Englesberg Seminar, Axel and Margaret Ax:son Johnson Foundation, Stockholm, (June 2012).
- “The role of Immigration in the French and US presidential elections”, Maison Française and Collège International de Philosophie, Columbia University, (May 2012).
- Presentation of Frontiers of Fear: Immigration and Insecurity in the United States and Europe at the German Marshall Fund, (April 2012).
- “Security v. Diversity in Europe?”, BMW Center, Georgetown University, April 2012.
- “The Security/insecurity Spiral and its Effects on the Integration of Minorities”, Center for European Studies, Harvard University, (March 2012).
- “On Trust and Corruption” at the Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs Fourth Annual Global Ethics Fellows Conference in New York. (October, 2014)
- "Langue, justice et géopolitique," for Ethique des Relations Internationales at Sciences Po CERI, Paris, France (May 2014)
- Panel Participant: "Intergenerational Global Ethics," International Studies Association 55th Annual Convention, Toronto, Canada (March 2014)
- Keynote Lecture: "Beyond the Culture of Fear and Insecurity: International Dialogue and Peace in the 21st Century," for the Barbara L. and Norman C. Tanner Center for Non-Violent Human Rights Advocacy Annual International Conference on Human Rights, Conflict Resolution, Non-Violence, and Peace at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah (February 2014)
- “Improving International Law and Global Governance in the 21st Century” at Nanjing Normal University (November, 2014)
- “Some Thoughts on the Conceptual Mapping of Global Ethics” at Shanghai International Studies University (November, 2014)
- “Reflections on the Individual, National and International Ethics of Victimhood and Responsibility” at Fudan University Center for American Studies (November, 2014)
- Keynote lecture “Governing with Technology: Authority and Legitimacy in the 21st Century” at the 8th International Conference on Theory and Practice of E-Governance, held in Guimarães, Portugal. (October, 2014)
- Presentation on French Foreign Policy for The Cultural Impact on Foreign Policymaking in a Multipolar World organized by the Centre on Asia and Globalisation of the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore, and hosted by the Robert Bosch Academy (October 4, 2014)
- "Contemporary Questions of Legal and Political Legitimacy: From the National and the International to the Global," at the Institutum Iurisprudentiae, Academia Sinica in Taipei, Taiwan (July 2014)
- “War and Political Evolution in the Ancient Mediterranean,” for the ISA 56th Annual Convention: New Orleans, LA (February 2015).
- Discussant: Panel on “Post-National Rule and the Policing of Space,” for ISA 56th Annual Convention: New Orleans, LA (February 2015).
- “Turkey and the European Union: The Context Shifts Again,” for a joint conference on “Turkey and Europe: Cultural Aspects,” organized by the Academia Europaea, London, and the Commission for Migration and Immigration Research of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna, Austria: Bergheim bei Salzburg, Austria, (September 2014)
- “Rising Powers and Global Governance: Theoretical Perspectives,” for Seminar on Rising Powers and Global Governance: Plymouth University, Plymouth England, (March 1, 2014).
- "Promise and Pitfalls of Using History in the Study of Global Politics: Preinternational Polities: Political Evolution in the Ancient Mediterranean,” paper for EISA 8th Pan-European Conference on International Relations: Warsaw, Poland, (September 2013).
- “Convergence and Fragmentation in the Study of Global Politics,” paper for the 25th Anniversary Conference of Academia Europaea: Wroclaw, Poland, (September 16-19 2013).
- Roundtable Panelist: “Honoring Saskia Sassen," for ISA 56th Annual Convention: New Orleans, LA (February 2015).
- “The United States, NATO, and Ukraine: European Security in a Changing Context,” for EUROPA UNA Lecture sponsored by the Willie Brandt Center for German and European Studies, Academia Europaea Knowledge Hub-Wroclaw, College of Eastern Europe and Institute of Political Science: Wroclaw, Poland, (November 17, 2014)
- Roundtable Panelist: “The Benchmark Dates of IR,” European International Studies Association, 8th Pan-European Conference on International Relations: Warsaw, Poland (September 2013).
- Roundtable panelist, “Mapping the Universe of IR Theories” and “In Honor of James N. Rosenau,” International Studies Association Annual Meeting: San Francisco, CA, (April 3-6, 2013).
- "The Chains that Bind," Labor Law Research Network Conference, Barcelona (June 2013)
- "Migrant Workers in Jordan," Labor and Migration Conference, University of Toronto (March 2012)
- "Developing Labor: A Jordan Case Study," International Labor Organization, Regulating for Decent Work, Geneva (2011)
- "The Right Not to be Fat," Food Law: New Horizons, University of Tel Aviv Buchmann Faculty of Law, (June 11-12, 2011).